Himalayan salt is a collection of crystals. The crystal shape reminds many people of quartz crystals or geodes. There is a geometry in the crystals that are widely recognized to be “sacred” in the healing arts. Salt lamps are crystals you can eat!
When lit from the inside, Himalayan salt lamps project an amazing pattern of light and color. They also have a slight ionizing effect that projects negative ions when the light bulb is turned on. Historically, allergy sufferers have commonly visited salt caves to help improve their breathing.
Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Himalayan salt lamp benefits
- 3 Can Himalayan salts be used for cooking?
- 4 where to buy salt lamps?
- 5 Choosing the best color Salt Lamp
- 6 Where to Place Crystal Salt Lamps for the Most Health Benefits
- 7 Himalayan Salt Lamp Bulb Replacement: How to replace a bulb?
- 8 How to find best salt lamp cord with dimmer switch?
- 9 Choosing a Himalayan salt lamp replacement cord
- 10 Types of salt lamp base
- 11 Summary
Himalayan salt lamp benefits
People using salt lamps report improvement in their physical and mental well-being soon after starting to light them. They are said to help with:
- respiratory problems (including colds)
- skin conditions
- mental and stress-related disorders (including insomnia)
- headaches and migraine
- blood system disorders.
Due to their calming colors (different shades of orange and pink), rock lamps have also been used in color therapy to help treat neurotic disorders and sleeplessness.
The Himalayan salt lamps have other health benefits and they have been recommended for anyone wishing to:
- Improve the quality of air in their immediate environment.
- Achieve a feeling of relaxation and meditation.
- Improve various health disorders and maintain good health.
Can Himalayan salts be used for cooking?
Himalayan salts can be used for cooking and it has many minerals are not available in other salts. Though it not recommended to use the same lamp salt for cooking. You can buy Sherpa Pink Himalayan Salt from Amazon. Here is a YouTube video cooking with Himalayan salt.
where to buy salt lamps?
Salt lamps are available in most of the supermarket and shops selling candle stuff. Even you can also buy online from amazon or from other sites like https://wbminternational.com
Here is our review of Top 5 Himalayan natural salt lamp which you can buy from Amazon.
Choosing the best color Salt Lamp
- White salt lamps are rare. Some people like white lamps because of their rareness and also because they emit maximum light. Others find them too bright and feel that they lack the milder ambiance of the more common darker shades of Himalayan lamps.
- Pink salt lamps fall between the white and orange color veins. Some vendors’ lamps tend to be pinkish, as some customers like this color.
- Orange salt lamps are usually the favorite among individuals. They seem to emit the warmest glow. They are not too bright and not too dark and are usually a sign of a quality crystal. They typically represent the perfect balance in a lamp. Our lamps tend to be this color.
- Red salt lamps can be attractive, but if they are too dark, they can block most of the light of the bulb and take away from the attractiveness of the lamp. Let it be known, however, that some people prefer darker lamps.
In addition to the color being important for the shade of the lamp, it is also important in effecting mood. It is said that:
- White – represents healing, cleansing, and detoxification
- Pink – stimulates emotion, love, and sense of partnership
- Orange – helps the nervous system and activates the kidneys and bladder
- Red – promotes circulation and activates the heart
Where to Place Crystal Salt Lamps for the Most Health Benefits
The best place for a Himalayan pink salt lamp is quite close to where you spend a lot of time so you can breathe in the fresher air it generates directly. The hygroscopic air cleaning effect is not dependant on negative ions and is the basic science of water vapour attraction and evaporation.
Not only will it help clean the air and expose you to at least some negative ions, it may also help counteract electromagnetic radiation and provides a gentle, soothing pink glow.
Most people who own Himalayan crystal lamps report that they find them very relaxing to be near. A high percentage also attribute positive health benefits to them. Perhaps they work in other ways that science doesn’t quite understand yet.
If salt lamps are a hoax, they’re certainly a very popular one. After many hours of reading research, articles, forums and comments about Himalayan lamps, the vast majority of those who use them express various kinds of beneficial effects.
Himalayan Salt Lamp Bulb Replacement: How to replace a bulb?
It is very easy to change a bulb in a salt lamp. Salt lamp bulbs may not last long as there is constant heating and hygroscopic nature of the salt makes it damage easily. But, the salt lamps bulbs are affordable and easy to change when needed. Ok, let me show how to do it. Don’t forget to read our review on Best Himalayan salt lamp replacement bulb.
Salt lamps cords come with a clamp to fit in the salt lamp base. If you do not know a clamp is a fastening device used to hold or secure objects tightly together to prevent movement or separation through the application of inward pressure. Here at the below image, you can clearly see what type of clamp is present in a salt lamp cord end which used to hold the bulb. In most of the salt lamp cords, you will find same like below image of the clamp holding the bulb.
Next step is to replace the old bulb with a new bulb and fit it in the wooden salt lamp base or metal salt lamp base.
Now push it gently till the clamp fits in tightly. All is done switch on and see whether it is working fine or not.
How to find best salt lamp cord with dimmer switch?
Dimmer is a handy electrical component that lets you adjust light levels from nearly dark to fully lit by simply turning a knob or sliding a lever.
There are also salt lamp cords without dimmer, with the only switch on/off button. You should avoid buying such cords as sometimes you will need to dim the light. Most importantly in night time, the 25 watts bulb produces enough brightness to make you awake. So, you don’t want to disturb the sleep because of the salt lamp. Adjust the salt lamp with the dimmer and purify the air surrounding you while sleeping.
Here is our review of some of the Best Himalayan salt lamp replacement cords.
Choosing a Himalayan salt lamp replacement cord
At present, there a lot of such replacement cord in the market. But, you should very careful while choosing the best replacement cord. At the electricity passage through the cord, care should be taken to fin d a good quality cord. Cords come in different lengths ranging from 6 meters to 10 meters.
Types of salt lamp base
Two types of salt lamp base are available in the market one is wooden and another one is stainless metal. Salt lamps are hygroscopic that’s why they soak a lot of water from the surrounding which causes the damaging of the lamp base very quickly. Here is our review of best salt lamp replacement base
Hope this guide helps you choosing the best Himalayan salt lamp or replacing a salt lamp base. Feel free to ask any question in the comment box below.